Pageviews past week

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My commencement post

First off, I don’t even know if I’m using “commencement” correctly.

That’s the term they use for speeches at graduation, right? So it comes at the END of school? Doesn’t matter. In my head, it sounds like “Hey you, you’re wasting time. Come read my first blog post. Your Groupon expires a dozen hours from now.”

Looking to start blogging (again) consistently for a bunch of reasons, and I’ll be honest as to why:
  • a)    Need a creative outlet. Love writing for work… but I could use extra practice.
  • b)    New to the dad game and it’s friggin hilarious. You should see how I’m ruining their lives. So here are passes to the show.
  • c)     Almost officially in the mid-30s, so stakes is high. Contribute to 529 plans… or invest in the Cleveland Cavs? Cause man… they’re going places. I heard Kobe Jordan used to play for them!!
  • d)    I’m a whore for feedback. I admit it. It’s my Molochian idol. But it’s also the best way to improve my copy writing (aka: livelihood).
So I’ll still be on Facebook and post pictures of Jeremy pwning Benny routinely, but I’ll be pimping my blog A LOT too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man - I'm getting my blog back on track as well. Already a fan of yours...keep it up. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DL! Awesome, I look forward to your posts! And yeah... see you soon...

    ReplyDelete